According to the Labour Party website the Labour Party have achieved the following in their time in power:
* Inflation rates have averaged less than half their rates between 1979 and 1997 in the past decade
* New mums now have 9 months paid maternity leave and maternity pay is up to £112.75 a week.
* A right to paternity leave for all dads
* Parents of young and disabled children have the new right to request flexible working.
* All parents can get help saving for their children’s future with the Child Trust Fund, with the most help going to the poorest children and children in care.
* The Working Tax Credit provides help with childcare, up to a maximum eligible amount of £300 per week. (£175 per week for one child).
* As a result of the tax credit system, 4 in 10 families – over 3 million families- now pay no net tax.
I would be interested to hear both positive and negative views on Labour’s Supporting Hard-Working Families policies in the comments below?